Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Peter King(sized) talks Texans. Texans talk back.

"But that’s just the way it is in our business. If you have an opinion, you sometimes get crucified for having one." --Peter King

I've got a better one, Peter.

"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding." --Marshall McLuhan

Let's cut to the chase. Things like this:

Look like some shock-factor-stunt meant to rile up a bunch of fans so you circulate your name just a little bit more. Well congratulations, we're riled. And unfortunately, your name will continue to circulate. Not because of your blind assessment towards a fan base that has established an intimidating presence across multiple professional sports venues (There's MLB. There's NBA. Oh and here's your NFL.). Because you've demonstrated an uncanny ability to consistently suck and still keep a job.


Passion (n): a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything. For you Peter, passion might be found...well we can see where you find passion. For Texans fans however, passion can be found before, and throughout EVERY Texans game since day 1 (this one has no food references like the other 2, Peter, so you might want to skip it. It's just another sports website with some hack columnist).

Which brings me back to the quote I responded with at the top of the article. Think before you speak man. Otherwise, you'll start to lose credibility from your colleagues. Example! (sic)


I mean, McClain wouldn't know what he's talking about....would he?*

If I was some fifty-year-old, I'd probably cancel my Sports Illustrated subscription in lieu of your ignorant team bashing. But I don't have a Sports Illustrated subscription. Because it sucks.

I leave you with a final nugget of wisdom.


"Don't start no shit....wont be no shit."
--Will Smith, Men In Black



By the way, you suck.

*Thought I should add, that was from an online chat session earlier today where John McClain fielded questions about the Texans Training Camp. Four chatrooms filled up with people trying to find out what he had to say about the Texans. But alas, no passion in H-town (and yes I know I mispelled passionate. I was in a hurry.)

No comments: