Friday, July 25, 2008

Texans and Fantasy: Wide Receivers Edition

Get ready. That's all I'm sayin'. GET READY.


Well I took yesterday off as a few of you noticed and there's a reason: I'm the only one running this ship. But I've decided to take a moment out of my vacation (and NCAA '09) to continue my fantasy football preview on the Texans.

You're welcome.

Tonight, I'm tackling the wide receivers. Because there are more to break down than the other positions I've covered as of late, the analysis wont be as in-depth. But it should help you out nonetheless.

Wide Receiver:
Andre Johnson

2007 notable numbers:
60 receptions, 851 receiving yards, 8 TDs

The Dirt:
No dirt. Just get him on your team. Let other people pass on him because of "health concerns." The only 3 wide receivers I'd rank ahead of him are Randy, Braylon, and Reggie. Andre Johnson will be better than Terrell Owens. Straight up.

In other words: He's a top 5 WR in any league. LOCK HIM UP.

Wide Receiver:
Kevin Walter

2007 notable numbers:
65 receptions, 800 receiving yards, 4 TDs

The Dirt:
I'm not gonna lie. I didn't think he should've been the starter across from Dre in the beginning of last season. But I'll admit when I'm wrong. I like the guy as far as a compliment to Johnson, but his fantasy value is very slim. It's easy to put into perspective when you consider that Dre put up better numbers last season than Walter despite missing half the season.

In other words: Unless you're playing in a big league and need to go deeper than normal, Walter shouldn't be on your radar. Good receiver for the Texans, bad receiver for the fantasy.

Aside from the two starters, the only other receiver that would pique my interest at the moment would be Andre Davis. Depending on how he's used, he could garner a bit of fantasy value as a homerun threat. Even so, I wouldn't suggest spending a draft pick on him. Same goes for Jacoby, unless he lights back up again and can sustain it into the regular season. Keep an eye on him as well.

Extra Dirt



Everyone else covered the Duane Brown signing, so yeah. IT'S ABOUT TIME.

What's with all the D. Walker love in the poll? I like him too, but he ran off with the votes.

Vince Young sucks. That is all. Props to Merril Hodge (for now).


No comments: